Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wait a minute... you're a Magician... Not a Musician?


Only magicians know this.  When we introduce ourselves to new people we say, "I'm a professional magician."  It's so unusual to the new persons ears, they say back to us... "oh neat, you're a musician."  And we start the conversational back-and-forth-dance of explaining both prestidigitator's occupational pronunciation and its responsibilities (make stuff appear, disappear, float, tranform...etc.).  Interestingly, I've recently dipped my toes into the world of musician as well as magician.  Yeah.  I know.  It's a MadCap Life I live.  I know.  Hey, I just realized something... thanks to - THE TRASH TUNES - now I'll be able to just say... "yes" when they repeat back to me what I do.  :)  But, I digress.  I am a big fan of music as well as magic.  And more importantly, I'm a big fan of the professional musicians that call northwest Alabama home.  There's a long tradition of great recorded music coming out of here.  It even has a name... The Muscle Shoals sound.  I grew up in Florence... just across the river from Muscle Shoals.  In reality northwest Alabama is one giant musical community.  Consequently, I'm friends with some of these amazing and very cool "music types".  One of those... Kelvin Holly and I decided to make music that had never ever been made before... Here's the video explanation of how we decided to create an album of green songs for cool kids and grownups.  The album is called THE TRASH TUNES.  Oh yeah... here's the higher quality version HD version of the "behind the scenes" video - on Vimeo.  Enjoy the video.  More important, enjoy Kelvin playing guitar in his pajamas.  Hee Hee.

No comments: