Thursday, December 10, 2009

Late Night Magic in Las Vegas


For years the magicians of Las Vegas have gotten together after their evening shows and shared magic, ideas, and gossip with each other. I was lucky enough to be in Vegas for the IAFE convention recently and got to go to Boomers Lounge (in the back room of course) and hang out with the magic crowd. It was terrific. I got to visit with the incredibly generous and talented Gary Darwin (in photo). He showed me a terrific version of the "retention vanish". It totally made me rethink my use of this tricky sleight of hand vanish. I've been working on it ever since then. Thanks Mr. Darwin! I also got to visit with the incredibly talented Steve Daley - Tiny Bubbles - has his finger in so many show-biz pies... it's amazing. I loved hearing the plans for new projects (late into the evening) and am sure he'll make them all happen. Good luck Stevo. I got to meet many other talented and interesting performers this time out. Many thanks to you all. Hope I get to see you all soon.

No comments: