Monday, December 7, 2009

LOVE


Every year for the last decade or so, I have attended the IAFE convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a booking convention for Fairs and Expos. If you have a county or state fair... someone from your town is probably at this convention. Generally the convention is held at the Paris Hotel (a really nice hotel by the way) in December. I really enjoy the convention and Vegas this time of year. At the convention I get to meet lots of new people and catch up with friends I don't get to see through-out the year, but probably my favorite thing is seeing Las Vegas shows. Wow! The shows in Vegas can be sooooo amazing. The quality is astounding... shows I've seen and loved in the past include... The BLUE MAN GROUP, CARROT TOP, GEORGE CARLIN, CHICAGO, MAC KING, FITZ OF LAUGHTER, LANCE BURTON, SECOND CITY, STEVE WYRICK and PENN & TELLER. But I finally got to see The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil last week. Man o' man was that a terrific show! First of all, they start with some of the best pop music ever made (The Beatles), but it's been remixed to give it a new flavor. I was unsure if I'd like the new mix (I don't think you should mess with perfection) but I was quickly converted when I heard the new mix from the most awesome surround sound system I've ever witnessed. Then add to that the "dreamscape" style show that Cirque is able to create full of non-literal images and color, and skill, and it was one of the funnest theatrical evenings I've ever spent. Between my smiles, I sang along to almost the entire show. The show also reminded me of something... all you need is... love. Steve :)

No comments: