Monday, April 12, 2010


Charles Moore was a groundbreaking civil rights photographer in the 1950's and 1960's. He was also a stunning portrait photographer. Friends introduced us and in the summer of 2003 he came out to my home in "Frog Pond" Alabama and shot some photos of me in the woods. He was always so delighted to be shooting and I was a willing subject. During the shoot, he spotted a small frog. I reached down and picked it up. It stayed in my hand. It didn't jump off. It didn't even appear to be worried that a big huge magician standing in the middle of a creek was holding him thousands of feet in the air (by frog height measurements). He was ready for his... "Charles Moore Close-Up"... so Charles began shooting and shooting and shooting. That frog stayed on my hand until Charles was finished shooting (probably 5 or 6 minutes). It was a great day and Charles will be missed. Thank you Mr. Frog for a great day with a great photog.

No comments: