Friday, November 22, 2013

Steve Trash Releases - Psychedelic Music Video - SUN JUICE



Well it's official.  Our - SUN JUICE - music video is finally finished!  Woooohoooo!    A day long video shoot and several really late night editing sessions and I think it looks just great!  The Trash Team - Jim Torres, Keith Sims, Corey Hannah, and The Art Goddess (Dianne) all pitched in and I think the video is terrific.  It's silly.  It's psychedelic.  It's fun.  It totally sounds like a song from the nineteen sixties, which I really like.  When Kelvin Holly and I started writing and recording songs for The Trash Tunes - our green songs for kids album - I visited his studio and saw a sitar (Classical Indian & Hindustani multi-string instrument) sitting in the corner with a bunch of other guitars.  I was intrigued.  I asked Kelvin, "hey can you play that"?  Which - come to think of it - is kind of a stupid question because he's a very very accomplished guitarist and it was in his studio.  But he said, "yeah I can play it" and I immediately started imagining the sounds we could make on our new album.  I always loved The Beatles.  I particularly like the psychedelic period of their music.  On Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Magical Mystery Tour albums they were particularly experimental in the sounds and instruments they chose to use.   I also really like the sound of the sitar.  It sounds cool.  So when we dove into making Sun Juice, I said, "lets kick it off with the sitar".  Kelvin (always a man of many words) said, "Ok"... so we did.  Most of the video was shot at my home and digital production studio in Frog Pond Manor in downtown Frog Pond, Alabama.  The photovoltaic solar array you see in the video is mine.  We installed it in 2012 to capture the sun's energy and then we use that energy as electricity.  When the sun shines, we're making our own electricity.  It's clean.  It's green.  It's free.  Well the Ten K Solar - RAIS WAVE SOLAR ARRAY and inverter and batteries were not exactly free.  In fact, they were really expensive, but it was a one-time payment for the equipment/installation and now I make much of my own electricity. THAT'S energy independence... make your own power.  So... when the sun shines... I make my electricity for free.  My electric bill for this past October was $52 bucks.  Thank you Mr. Sun.  Sun Juice... it's for free.  It CAN power you and me.  It can power everyone.  So do me a favor, if you like our latest creation... Sun Juice - Official Music Video on YouTube.  Share it with your friends. If you really really like it... buy it on itunes.  Hee Hee.  Thanks and have a "sunny day".  ST - ###


No comments: