Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Organizing is a Meditation

One of the greatest things about my life as a professional entertainer is that I get to spend the end of each year and the first part of each new year... organizing things.  I organize my office.  I organize my studio.  I organize my storage spaces.  I organize my computer files.  It always makes me feel wonderful.  For some reason, it fills up my creative tanks to make sure magic props, funny ideas, movie making tools, illusions, and all the weapons of entertainment are easily accessed and at my disposal.  It's sooo easy for the tornado of life and tsunami of creation to scatter everything to the wind, that it makes me happy to set it all back in order.  It's almost a meditation for me.  Oh yeah.  It also allows me to clean out Jelly Beans from a prop box that's been stored since 2009.  Does it bother anyone else that they still look okay?  Sheeeeesh... that's scary.

No comments: